- MF-316 Instant Mochi Mix 500g
- Water 800g
- High-maltose corn syrup 500g
- Shortening 50g
- Place the Instant Mochi Mix in a heat proof mixing bowl.
- Bring the water, malt syrup, and shortening to a boil in a medium pan. Pour the hot liquids into the mixing bowl and mix with the paddle attachment on low speed for 1 min,
- Scrape the bowl and paddle.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix until the surface of the dough becomes smooth, about 3 mins.
- Spread the dough on a lightly oiled sheet pan to cool, up to1 hour
- Cut the dough into 40-g portions, roll into balls, and place in mochi molds (Makes about 200 mochis)