Whimsical Mochi Donuts
100 g (3.5oz) Mochi Foods GF Mochi Pancake mix
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut milk (or full fat milk)
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
1 oz dark chocolate (melted and lightly cooled)
⅓ cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons cocoa (dutch processed)
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons Ube Powder
2 teaspoons coconut milk
½ cup powdered cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
All ingredients should be at room temperature.
1. Pre heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt and cocoa) and add the sugar. Set aside.
3. Melt coconut oil and chocolate in a double boiler, and add the extract. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and coconut milk until mixed, add the chocolate mix and incorporate.
5. Finally add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
6. Divide the batter equally amongst 8 donut cavities, 4 on each pan. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look like much, they will rise.
7. Place in warm oven, in the middle rack.
8. Bake about 25-30 minutes until the dough will pull from the sides and springs back when pressed lightly.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before unmolding on a cooling rack.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium size bowl. Make sure it flows well then coat each donut generously.
*A large batch of glaze may tend to dry too quickly and not flow well. If making a large batch, use the microwave when the glaze gets too thick.