Taiwanese Sponge Cake
This pillow-like sponge cake is extremely soft, fluffy, and full of egg flavor. Very simple yet delicious cake on its own or with your own buttercream filling.
- 100 g Mochi Foods Soft Cake Mix
- 160 g eggs
- 50 g soybean oil
- 25 g water
- 8.5 g sponge emulsifier
- Mix the soft cake premix, eggs, water together with a whisk until mixes evenly. Mix on high speed for 1 min.
- Add sponge emulsifier, mix on high speed for another minute.
- Turn to middle speed and stir for 6-8 minutes until the batter gets stable.
- Pour in soybean oil slowly, hand stirring until mixed well.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 305-355 F for around 20-25 min. A famous Hawaiian Rainbow cake is made using this premix.