Taiwanese Sponge Cake
This pillow-like sponge cake is extremely soft, fluffy, and full of egg flavor. Very simple yet delicious cake on its own or with your own buttercream filling.
- Ingredients needed:
100 g – Mochi Foods Soft Cake mix
160 g – eggs
50 g – soybean oil
25 g – water
8.5 g – sponge emulsifier
1) Mix the soft cake premix, eggs, water together with a whisk until mixes evenly. Mix on high speed for 1 min.
2) Add sponge emulsifier, mix on high speed for another minute.
3) Turn to middle speed and stir for 6-8 minutes until the batter gets stable.
4) Pour in soybean oil slowly, hand stirring until mixed well.
5) Bake in the preheated oven at 305-355 F for around 20-25 min.
A famous Hawaiian Rainbow cake is made using this premix.