New Orleans Style Beignets
A special French dessert from New Orleans, LA. Soft pillow shaped dessert with a dust of snow sugar.
- 800 g Mochi Foods Mochi Bread mix
- 200 g high protein flour (like bread flour)
- 150 g eggs
- 400 g water
- 200 g shortening
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, using paddle blend at slow speed for 2 min, medium speed for 5 min until the dough mixed well.
- Divide the dough and shape up to 0.45 inches 1.20 by 1.20 inch squares, place on a baking tray, keep it in the freezer.
- Preheat oil for deep frying to 355F, remove the dough from the freezer, and deep fry for around 4 min until golden brown.
- Lift the deep fried beignets and coat them with snow sugar.