Mochi Donut Recipe
Our favorite recipe featuring our award-winning Mochi Donut Mix. Enjoy!
1000 g Mochi Foods Mochi Donut Mix
200 g shortening
200 g eggs
525 g water
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix using the paddle blend at slow
speed for 1 minute. Clear the sides of the bowl.
2. Blend at medium speed for another 3 minutes, or until the dough becomes
3. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl, and roll it up to a half inch
thickness. Cut using a donut cutter (3.35 in), or form into balls (60 g each).
4. Preheat oil to 355°F. For submerged frying, fry for 4 minutes. For open frying,
fry for 6 minutes, flipping over the donuts every 2 minutes, until golden
5. Coat with powdered sugar, glaze with frosting, or eat them as they are!
Serve, enjoy, and save this recipe for future use.
*This recipe can be used to make gluten-free mochi donuts using our Gluten-Free Mochi Donut mix!