Gluten-Free Ube Mochi Sugar Cookies
Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. The perfect purple pick-me-up for anyday!
1 cup Mochi Foods GF Mochi Waffle/Pancake mix
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup Ube powder
1 large egg white
3 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
Purple sanding sugar for coating
1. Preheat oven at 325°F convection.
2. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and ube powder.
3. Add the egg white and cream.
4. When the mixture is lighter and fluffier, add the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Freeze dough for 15 minutes.
6. Divide into 18 small balls, cover in sanding sugar and press down lightly on lined baking sheet about 2″ apart.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
*The cookies will harden as they cool!