Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Moist, fluffy and rich-tasting chocolate cake which is a perfect treat for any occasion. We cannot hide this recipe any longer!
- 135 g soybean oil
- 26.5 g cocoa powder of your choice
- 2.5 g baking soda
- 70 g egg yolks
- 100 g milk
- 1.5 g salt
- 165 g Mochi Foods Soft Cake mix
- 65 g bread flour
- 285 g egg whites
- 150 g sugar
- Heat soybean oil to 158°F then add sifted cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir the mixture till even, then set aside to cool down.
- Add egg yolk & salt into the step 1, stir, pour in milk, and mix well.
- Add sifted Soft Cake mix and bread flour, mix evenly.
- Whip egg whites and castor sugar to soft peak.
- Combine step 3 and step 4, stir gently.
*Filling: 6 inch-250g. Makes about 4 chiffon cakes. *Bake in the oven at 305- 340°F for 30 +/- 5 min.
Taiwanese Sponge Cake
This pillow-like sponge cake is extremely soft, fluffy, and full of egg flavor. Very simple yet delicious cake on its own or with your own buttercream filling.
- 100 g Mochi Foods Soft Cake Mix
- 160 g eggs
- 50 g soybean oil
- 25 g water
- 8.5 g sponge emulsifier
- Mix the soft cake premix, eggs, water together with a whisk until mixes evenly. Mix on high speed for 1 min.
- Add sponge emulsifier, mix on high speed for another minute.
- Turn to middle speed and stir for 6-8 minutes until the batter gets stable.
- Pour in soybean oil slowly, hand stirring until mixed well.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 305-355 F for around 20-25 min. A famous Hawaiian Rainbow cake is made using this premix.