4 oz Mochi Foods Mochi Bread mix
11 oz AP flour
2 tsp instant yeast
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp Mochi Foods Mochi Bread mix
1. Beginning with the tangzhong - combine the water and 1 tbsp of Mochi Foods Mochi Bread mix and cook until you get a thick, pancake batter-like consistency. Set aside to let cool for 15 minutes.
2. In the bowl of a standup mixer, place the egg and yolks, the oil, and sugar. Mix with the dough hook.
3. Add the cooled tangzhong and incorporate.
4. Add 4 oz Mochi Foods Mochi Bread mix, AP flour, and instant yeast. Mix well for 10 minutes, then let rest for 15 minutes. The mixture will be gooey.
5. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of salt, and mix again for 5-10 minutes.
6. Shape the dough and coat with a bit of oil. Let the dough double in size.
7. Divide into 6 pieces. Shape and braid Challah. Let double (about 2 hours).
8. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame.
9. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden.