2 ½ cups Mochi Foods GF Mochi Pancake mix
½ pound butter
2 cups sugar
⅓ cup lemon zest
½ cup lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¾ cup lemon juice
¼ cup lemon zest
¾ cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease two standard loaf pans and with parchment paper, line the bottoms.
3. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale yellow in color.
4. Add eggs one at a time, then lemon zest and juice.
5. The mixture should be thoroughly blended and thick. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in a separate bowl and then add to the wet mixture a little at a time.
6. After all is thoroughly blended, divide between the two loaf pans.
7. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean (test in area of “split” on loaf tops).
8. Remove from the pan while still warm, remove paper from bottoms.
1. Combine all ingredients in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a slow boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Prick cake loafs all over, top and bottom, and pour syrup over.