1000 g Mochi Foods Mochi Malasada mix
520 g water
200 g eggs
200 g shortening
150 g vegetable oil
3 cups granulated sugar
1. Place all the ingredients minus sugar in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
2. Mix at low speed for 1 minute, scrape the bowl and paddle, and mix at high speed for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 347°F (175°C).
4. Using an ice cream scoop or hand-rolled dough, form 20 g balls and place in batches directly into the hot oil – white shortening (frying purpose).
5. Transfer malasadas out of fryer straight into sugar to coat while still hot.
*Makes about 100 malasadas.